Monday 24 March 2014

So the Parenting Contract.. Hmmm

So as thought my hubby laughed at me when I told him my idea, he said and I quote "no way in hell am I letting you punish me because I don't stick to the dam rules". I did point out this exactly what he wants to do to the children and they only learn by example... Nnce again he laughed at me, one of his favourite sayings is 'Do as I say, not as I do'.
That idea didn't go down so well but when I kept on at him, he did say he was willing to sit down and write out a routine for the children stating what bed times should be, the pocket money situation and how they should earn it, and what should happen if they were in our eyes naughty... We still need to work out what exactly is naughty and what's not I think but im happy with the compromise.
So I thought I would share our routine for the kids... I not so sure if it will work completely but I am hoping for a happier, peaceful home that I can get down and sort my stuff out in...


Children' routine
 
  • Evening routine - home by 4.30pm home work dinner will be at 5.30pm latest, we will all sit at the table as a family, unless daddy isn't home from work, then he may eat it later.
  • Bed time routine – to increase 15 minutes per year on their birthdays until bedtime reaches 9pm until the age of 16 when it becomes 11pm
Aimee-lee – 7.30pm bath reading then light off by 8.15 pm
Lucy-mae - 7pm bath reading then bed by 7.30pm
Tyler – 6.30pm bath, story then lights off by 7.15pm
Charlie – 6pm bath, story then bed by 6.30pm
  • Discipline and punishment - if a child is naughty they get one warning, if they have to be told a second time they will get put on the naughty step for a maximum of 10 minutes, if after a full 10 minutes has been spent on the naughty step they need to be told again then they will lose 20p from their weeks pocket money until they have none left after this is they still need to be told they will lose a privilege i.e. computer usage or kindle. We will not smack our children, we will not shout.
  • Pocket money – £1 per week + 20p per year of age 10p extra for every gold star, they get for completing a house hold task they have been set that month (pocket money will be giving on weekend Aimee and Lucy are home)
  • Rewards - when achieving a goal set at school or home they will get £5 added to their pocket money
 
 
So what do you think, I'm going to need charts for pocket money & their little house jobs, which I will also need to work out. of course that's all going to depend on their age, Aimee will be able to do jobs that Charlie defiantly wont. I think a note book to keep track of targets at school, and pocket money earned... lets see if it works ill keep you posted

you have to laugh when its taking me 9 years to relise being a mum is like running a business everything needs to be kept track of, targets need to be set and rewards giving when done... lol x x


No comments:

Post a Comment